FIATA WORLD CONGRESS VISA INFORMATION
Types of Visa
An entry visa is essential for all foreigners visiting India. There are several types of visa available, those travelling specifically for the FIATA World Congress 2018 will need to apply for a Conference Visa.
Accompanying Persons are not entitled to attend the conference sessions and should apply for a Tourist Visa.
Documents required to apply for a Conference Visa
Conference Visas are issued by relevant Indian Embassy in your home country and following documents are to be submitted along with the application form:
- A letter of invitation to the conference/seminar/workshop in India
- Copies of permissions from three Indian Government Agencies for the staging of a particular conference
Letters of invitation can only be issued to delegates attending the Full Congress; not accompanying persons including spouses or others.
Please note the purpose of the invitation letter on the website is only to help visa applicants by providing the above four documents required for a Conference Visa. These documents must be submitted by the applicant along with the visa application form, passport and any other documents as required by the local embassy.
1. The responsibility of getting a visa lies with the applicant, and neither FIATA World Congress nor the Professional Conference Organizer, The Konnect can influence the embassy to grant a visa.
2. Kindly note registered participants of the FIATA World Congress 2018 must fill in their passport details during the online registration process.
3. It is advisable to apply for a visa well in advance, but not earlier than 3 months before the date of the FIATA World Congress.
4. Foreign visitors entering India must possess a passport valid for at least 6 months after their date of entry into India, except in the case of nationals of Bhutan and Nepal, who don’t need a visa and should only carry suitable documents of identification.
5. FIATA World Congress 2018 Registration Department will only provide the official Letter of Invitation along with further necessary documents to each attendee once their conference registration is fully paid and confirmed.
4. These documents would be sent by email starting 01 June 2018 and must be submitted by the applicant along with any other documents required to the embassy. We recommend starting the visa application process at least 8 weeks prior to the conference date as the visa is valid for three months from the date of issue. The process may take longer in certain countries, so we therefore suggest that you contact your nearest Indian embassy or consulate to determine the appropriate timing of your application.
5. Please note that a letter of invitation is only for facilitating your visa, it should not be considered as an invitation covering fees and other expenses.
6. Conference Visa Photographs You will need to provide two 50mm x 50mm photos. Please ensure they present the full head from top of hair to bottom of chin, and that this distance measures between 25mm and 35mm. If this is not correct your application will be rejected.
7. The list of Indian diplomatic missions overseas can be consulted at:
http://passportindia.gov.in / AppOnlineProject/mission / mission
8. Many Indian embassies and consulates have outsourced their visa processing services to VFS Global http://www.vfsglobal.com Visa application forms may be downloaded from this link.
9. Once approved, a single entry Conference Visa will be granted. Please note that the validity of a visa begins on the day it is issued. The date of entry into India does not affect the period of validity of a visa.
10. Copy of Letter from your Institution/Association/Company
This is a simple letter from the Institution you are associated with, identifying you and their relationship with you, and confirming that they understand you intend to visit India for the FIATA World Congress 2018 from 26th- 29th September, 2018 (Wednesday to Saturday).
11. Document Checklist
You can download the complete checklist of documents required for a Conference Visa by the High Commission of India at your respective country from: http://in.vfsglobal.com
Important: Citizens of Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Sudan and persons of Pakistan-origin currently holding citizenship of any country These participants must fill in their passport details on the online registration form, and apply for Conference Visa more than 60 days before the start of the Congress, i.e. latest by 26th July 2018. The Congress organisers are required to send the passport details of these participants to the Ministry of Home Affairs for scrutiny, which takes 60 days.
Online Visa Application
1. Many Indian Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions, including the High Commission of India in London, now require visa applications to be made online. This can be done from the Indian Government website: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
Please note that this website is operated by the Indian Government, not the FIATA World Congress.
The website occasionally crashes, throws up error messages or freezes. Make a note of your temporary reference number. If you are having problems, try later using your temporary reference number to retrieve your partially filled form.
- Length of stay – Check whether the form asks you for your length of stay in months. If the form asks for months, it actually means days. So if you put 15 months in this box, it will print out as 15 days
- Do not upload your photo on page 3 – press next page, check details and confirm. A visa application form will be generated with the High Commission Logo at the top. Print off 2 copies (and another one for yourself) and sign. Save the document in case you need to reprint.